Cypripedium parviflorum var. pubescens in my garden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
I'm back from vacation and I was afraid this plant was too dehydrated when I came back (my first thing was to check my cyps when I came back!). However this is my best blooming of this parviflorum var. pubescens! The six large blooms just opened yesterday and I'm very pleased. I saw a tiny wasp fly by too during the photo shoot.:D

It grows in approx. 12 inch pot, sunk into the ground. It grows near spruce trees and gets eastern sun from the morning until early afternoon. I may move it into are larger pot after next year if it gets too big, or plant it permanently in the ground.

DSCN2939-1.jpg

DSCN2933.jpg

My cyp reginae is only just coming out. And also my other cyp parviflorum is only just coming out (very late), unfortunately they were not watered properly! I hope my other parviflorum hasn't shrunk in size too much. I know reginae comes out later, I will see what happens. Maybe the late spring this year contributes too.

Thanks!

This is the plants third year for me if you're curious. I guess I can now consider myself successful at establishing a plant. But I still consider myself only a beginner cypripedium grower!

Thanks!

This is the plants third year for me if you're curious. I guess I can now consider myself successful at establishing a plant. But I still consider myself only a beginner cypripedium grower!

Six flowers after 3 years for a plant that started off with 2 (?) is pretty darn good!

Thanks!

You are going great Fren. What others are you growing? C. reginae should do very well for you, in fact, most Cyps love colder climates so you should be able to grow a wide variety of them. Keep us informed!

Latest posts

Back