Cypripedium parviflorum v. pubescens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
It's that time of year again! :smitten:

20606.jpg

20607.jpg

20608.jpg

20612.jpg

Fabulous John! You've done a wonderful job with this one. :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks everybody!

:drool: is that your personal collection ? :drool: !!!! Jean
Yes, Jean. They are growing in my back yard. I think there's about 30 or so different clones in this garden. I started with multiple plants totalling about 200 "eyes". I didn't count the number of individual plants. Some were just 2 or 3 growths and some were a lot more. I planted them in the fall of 2004 (I think). I just built a frame out of 2x4's and layed it right onto the lawn (didn't even kill the grass first). Then, I filled it with ProMix HP and planted the dormant, bare-root clumps with the tips of the eyes just under the surface. Then I added a layer of Coconut Husk Chips as mulch. I rarely fertilize; but, I do water a lot when it's dry during the summer. They've thrived. I collect the seed capsules each fall and go walking in the back meadow/woods and spread the seeds on the wind. I started doing that about 15 or 18 years ago with seeds from some other plants that I have and 2 years ago, I found the first blooming plant in an area where there were never any Cyps before.

Heather said:
I'd love to post a link on our FB page if it's okay, John - these are just AMAZING!
Sure Heather, go right ahead.

Latest posts

Back