Cypripedium parviflorum makasin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, All,

Its been a while since I have posted. We have had some family illnesses that have consumed a lot of time. Here is a plant that is blooming now - Cypripedium parviflorum var makasin. These have tiny fragrant flowers. This one is blooming off-season since it was taken out of sync for the Boston Flower Show last year and is being put back on track.

A nice reminder that spring will come 'soon!'

Ron

Makasinplant2009.jpg

makasindime.jpg

Nice dark color! Wish that can be transmitted to an Paph. Something like Dolgoldii x Macabre or adductum var anitum. (Just wishful thinking):eek:

Ramon:)

Hi, Tom,

This plant was derived from Minnesota stock. I particularly like it because of the mahogany-brown coloration, almost black. I have had a number of these for several years and they increase in clump size very readily here in CT. They can go from 2-3 stems to 8 in a single year. They remind me of candidum in that regard. In fact, I have some seedlings coming along of a cross between this plant and my tiniest-flowered candidum, which also has dark brown sepals (some of my candidum have green sepals).

Ron

Latest posts

Back