Cypripedium fasciculatum, know where to get one?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Denverpaphman

I would like to track down a Cypripedium fasciculatum. I want to start experimenting with orchids native to Colorado.

Thank you!

To my knowledge, this species is not in cultivation/production, so any plants you do find are likely to be wild-sourced. I don't know of any nurseries anywhere that are growing it.

Tough to find any in the states not directly wild collected for sure. I do know that Bill Steele worked with this species years ago. He managed to produce a few seedlings, and subsequently flowered a few. In times past a few European growers offered seedlings, though I don't know if any are still out there.

A really tough plant in cultivation by all accounts.

I bet it is hard to grow, it has such a small range in the state. I would love to figure it out though...I can't think of a plant I would want to see in the mountains more. Welp, now I have a new reason to go camping! Maybe I can find a patch and pollinate it and then go back and get some seed. Thanks for the comments!

Latest posts

Back