Cypripedium calceolus in the Achental

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

In the day before yesterday I had the possibility to visit a habitat of the slipperorchids in Unterwössen . Today I had the time to visit another habitat in the Achental in Schleching in South-Bavaria in Germany.
The plants were full in flower and without seeking I saw more than 100 plants of Cypripedium calceolus in flower. Nearby it will be very easy to find some hundreds more.
Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechingc2.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechinge1.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechinge3.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechingl1.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechingl2.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechingj1.jpg

Like always I found also a flower with a Misumena vatia.

Cypripediumcalceolus2012-05-24Schlechingg1mitvernderlicherKrabbenspinneMisumenavatiaa.jpg

Some days ago also very attractive near to my home
Iris sibirica full in bloom.

Iris-WieseStaudach2012-05-10a.jpg

IrisinIris-WieseStaudach2012-05-10b.jpg

Iris-WieseStaudach2012-05-10i.jpg

Irissibirica2012-05-10StaudacherFilznhelleForm.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Thanks a lot Olaf !!!! the calceolus are beautiful !!!! and those Iris are of my absolute fav. flowers (besides orchids :)) !!!! Jean

Olaf,

I believe we met at the AOS party during the Miami WOC festivities a few years ago. I admit, at the time, I wasn't interested in Paphs or Phrags and wasn't aware of your body of work. I do remember, however, liking the jacket you were wearing! :D

Do you come to the U.S. often? How close to Munich are you? I occasionally get to Munich, my favorite city in Europe, and if you were close I'd love to come visit, assuming you like visitors.

Thanks again for the photos!

Looks like a very rejuvenating day! I live for views like that. Thank you for sharing :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Back