Cypri.sichuanense in flower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yijiawang

Reaction score
These pictures was taked in last month, so stunning when I see it in forest!

Attachments

• IMG_2411.jpg
    IMG_2411.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 51
Very Nice! I love the foliage. It is nice to see those cyps in their native habitat.

Thanks for posting.

Robert

Of course, I would like to tell you the condition is:

altitude: 2200m
temperature(when I take this picture):22C, stable temperature
humidity: not sure, maybe over 70%, many moss
moutain: north of Sichuan province, Min Mountain
soil: rich soil, many humus, well drain

This species just was found in a valley, rich forest, stable conditions. wind not strong. in this valley, I found Magnolia wilsonii too, it is a very rare Magnolia. very comfortable climate! I think it will not beyond 30C when summer, and will not below -15C in winter.

WOW!! I dod not know it would have so big leaves!! Cool flower too! TY for the detailed info...:)

Did the Mangolia have any flowers??? I love their smell...:D

Oh Wow! You are so fortunate to get to see this in the forest.

Did you think of self pollinating the flower?

WOW!! I dod not know it would have so big leaves!! Cool flower too! TY for the detailed info...:)

Did the Mangolia have any flowers??? I love their smell...:D

Sure, they are in bloom too, very beautiful! it let me stunning that another flower in this valley !

Attachments

• IMG_2395.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 20
to Rick,
I hope all Cypripedium can propagate more, but I found artificial pollinate can not help any thing for it. I did so in many situ so that hope propagate more seedlings but all failure, so I think fungi is the important thing in this orchid---seed is enough, but fit fungi is hard to grow.

to Rick,
I hope all Cypripedium can propagate more, but I found artificial pollinate can not help any thing for it. I did so in many situ so that hope propagate more seedlings but all failure, so I think fungi is the important thing in this orchid---seed is enough, but fit fungi is hard to grow.

I really was suggesting that once pollinated the seed would ultimately fall somewhere near the parent (that should have the correct fungus) to increase the population out in the forest.

Pollination rates are often very low for rare wild Cyps, so I was suggesting a little helping hand right were she sits.

Back