Curious about how people feel about two varieties...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I was just updating my database and found myself realizing I had a fair number of kolopakingii hybrids made with the topperi variety.

Is there any chance that topperi will ever be designated a separate species?

I also was wondering how people feel about adductum vs. anitum. Does anitum deserve species status or would it have been better to leave it as a variety?

Thanks in advance!
H

Hybrids made with topperi will look different than if made with kolopakingii, so I'd label accordingly. Same goes with anitum. If you want to list them as a separate species instead of a variety, pick a different author.

Jon

Jon in SW Ohio said:
Hybrids made with topperi will look different than if made with kolopakingii, so I'd label accordingly. Same goes with anitum. If you want to list them as a separate species instead of a variety, pick a different author.
That says it all, doesn't it!

I have both kolopakingii (monster plant!) and topperi (seedling) just so i can see the difference when they finally bloom. Looks like i will be waiting awhile for the topperi since it's much smaller than the kolo.

Latest posts

Back