Comparison on the size of adult plant for multifloral species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
Like me, growing muti species is the goal for many paph lovers but some of us are scared away by their so called huge size in particular for those have limited space. Since I have already acquired most muti species and all of them are adult plants, I wish to share them to you all for a quick comparison.

From right to left: lowii, kolopakingii, gigantifolium and stoneii.
image_zpsneccwfea.jpg

From right to left: the same stoneii as above, philippinese var. roebelini, philippinese var. laevigatum, parishii, supardii and a medium sized rothschildianum.
image_zps2of9py6q.jpg

A shot for all of them.
image_zpsevhud0so.jpg

As you may aware, the term "huge" is only applicable to kolopakingii while most of them are just "big" in size. If you have sharp eyes, there are 2 compact plants namely laevigatum and parishii. If you have limited space but wish to grow multis, they may be good options.:)

Hello,
kolopakingii is huge, right. and it makes (VERY) big clumps quickly when mature.
roths are variable in size, some are quite compact (40cm only) others are huge (80cm and more). Same for philippinense that can be almost small to very big!

dianthum doesn't take that much place, so does praestans

Thank you very much for this comparison! I've always been wishing for this kind of image. Very much appreciated!

As your next project, you can do all the other Paph. species? Maybe arranged in a grid? ;)

Hello,
kolopakingii is huge, right. and it makes (VERY) big clumps quickly when mature.
roths are variable in size, some are quite compact (40cm only) others are huge (80cm and more). Same for philippinense that can be almost small to very big!

dianthum doesn't take that much place, so does praestans

I have a praestans but it is in my home now, so, no comparison can be made this time. Nevertheless, I can tell you the size of which closes to the parishii in the photo. For the philippinese, I could roughly say that the roebelini type is always bigger than the laevigatum type. If you have sharp eyes, I intended to put the 2 varieties next together for easy immediate comparison. :)

Thank you very much for this comparison! I've always been wishing for this kind of image. Very much appreciated!

As your next project, you can do all the other Paph. species? Maybe arranged in a grid? ;)

I think it is very hard to collect all Paph species. LOL. I can photo those images as I am purely a multifloral lover.:)

Nice comparison. I am not so sure about the parishii. It looks very much like dianthum instead, with dark green leaves. Perhaps there's a problem with the source.

Nice comparison. I am not so sure about the parishii. It looks very much like dianthum instead, with dark green leaves. Perhaps there's a problem with the source.

The parishii comes from Ms. Ying (英姐)and she used a separate pot to distinguish this with other dianthums at that moment. Of course, she stated that this plants came from Tailand while other dianthums came from China.

The parishii comes from Ms. Ying (英姐)and she used a separate pot to distinguish this with other dianthums at that moment. Of course, she stated that this plants came from Tailand while other dianthums came from China.

:clap: That's great!

Back