Cochranella granulosa (the granulated glass frog)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

Not really a hobby but here is a pic of one of the species I've been working with in my research. It ranges from Costa Rica through Northern Columbia inhabiting riparian vegetation in cluod/wet forest. This species was nearly wiped out due to the amphibian chytrid fungus which is the focus of my research. They're full grown adults, males ~20-25mm and females ~30-35mm This is one of 5 gravid females I have right now, should have about 100 tadpoles in a few months.

DSC_00272.jpg

DSC_00282.jpg

if you all like this I can post more photos of panamanian herps.

Forrest

I'm with Candace! I saw something on TV regarding the peril of frogs. Good luck with your research!

Beautiful! It's too bad such creatures are so sensitive to the pollution man is adding to this planet! :( She reminds me of the Phelsuma cepedianas I used to keep.

Beautiful! It's too bad such creatures are so sensitive to the pollution man is adding to this planet! :( She reminds me of the Phelsuma cepedianas I used to keep.

Awesome, I love day geckos, used to raise the peacocks, can't remember the species name.

Lauticada or something like that. I used to have a bunch of [now impossible to get] species. ornata, guimbuiea, v-nigra pasteuri.. I wish I was better w/ them as it hurt when they didn't survive. :(

So cute! Please do post more.

Fbrem, did you have anything to do with that TV special on these frogs and the microbes (I think) that are killing them? It was an excellent program, and certainly showed the fragility of certain ecosystems.

I've never seen anything like this. Make me feel like I'm lapidicolous.
Please show more.

Latest posts

Back