(((Cochlopetalum x Coryopedilum) x Parvisepalum) x Paphiopedilum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink Bandit hard to get the offsprings when it was used in seed parent, and pollen is sterile usually.
Up to present, only Maki Hime(Pink Bandit x delenatii) was registed in RHS database.
I has saw three hybirds of Pink Bandit in Taiwan.
They are (Pink Bandit x henryanum) , (Pink Bandit x rothschildianum) , (Pink Bandit x malipoense) respectively.
Now, I use (Pink Bandit x henryanum) as seed parent to cross wenshanense and lowii.
I expect I can get some offsprings
JUST FOR FUN
:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

The outcome is really appropriate for the parents. Thanks for sharing, I really like it.

Shen-

That is exactly what I would have done, and hopefully they will be brilliant crosses. Maybe you should also try a large white or pink complex??

Shen-

That is exactly what I would have done, and hopefully they will be brilliant crosses. Maybe you should also try a large white or pink complex??

Good thinking, Brian. Or maybe one of the In Charm White hybrids floating around to keep the plants compact and fill out the flowers a little more?

Flashy! I often go more for species or primaries, but this is really fun and interesting.

Good thinking, Brian. Or maybe one of the In Charm White hybrids floating around to keep the plants compact and fill out the flowers a little more?

And the polyploidy of these wouldn't hurt the possible fertility issues, either.

Latest posts

Back