cochlopetalum ID please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedard

Reaction score
cochlopetalum_labeled_pino.png

Continuing to sort out this collection. This plant is labeled Pinocchio; but I am used to seeing the Pinocchio from OZ that are (moquetteanum x primulinum). This is smaller and much darker. Foliage is also wrong: far too dark green, and has a lot of anthocyanin pigmentation on the underside. Staminode looks about right.

Am assuming this is mislabeled. Anyone have any opinions as to what this actually is?

It could easily be Pinocchio, maybe with primulinum var. purpurescens and a non-moquetteanum type glaucophyllum, at least to my eye.

Thanks

Yeah, I spent a couple hours today looking at the plant, Cribb's book, pictures in OrchidWiz, and determined that the reason it doesn't look right to me is that all the other Pinocchio I have seen were made with moquettianum. I think this may be correctly labeled. Came back to post that. LOL

I like this flower a lot btw.

Whether species or primary hybrids within this group, they tend to confuse the hell out of me. lol

I would stick with what the label says, although it does look not so Pinocchio.
Genetic variability can do some wacky things sometimes.

Latest posts

Back