CNYOS Fall Show and Sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CNYOS Show pictures

last weekend was the cnyos fall show and sale at the beaver lake nature center. four aos awards were given out. i'm presently uploading pictures, but you can check out the pics I've uploaded so far, rate them and leave comments if you wish. the show pics gallery can be viewed at
[COLOR="Blue"]http://cnyos.org/showpics[/COLOR] .

click through to the 2009 show pictures and click on the thumbnails to get to the full-sized pictures

I took lots of paph pictures and there are good slipper growers in that area

Last edited:
yes, we've had that huge ornithophora at our show for a few years, and this year there was another one. it's not as big, but it's darker green and has larger flowers. oops, I just remembered that the pleuro tarantula is supposed to be a stelis tarantula ( I mixed up the data entry and forgot to change it). either way, it is a very interesting flower! really does look very hairy spider-ish if you look up close

I received and uploaded the awards and exhibitor's list to our 2009 show and sale page (pdf's), and they can be viewed at this link
http://cnyos.org/showpics/thumbnails.php?album=5
at the bottom of the page. There are lots of paph pictures as well as 'others'.
The list isn't exactly correct; in the phal species section it lists a phal bellina as receiving the red ribbon while it was actually a phal lindenii (same exhibitor).

Also, it appears on the winner's list that there are occasionally two plants of the same name entered with different awards. Actually there was confusion when a plant had an entry number itself and another entry number as a miniature and the clerk recored this sometimes as two different plants. Usually the two numbers go onto the same name tag placed on a plant. Some errors were corrected but I guess the original awards file got deleted somehow so they had to manually enter all of the awards into a list from the judge's sheets (eek!).

Latest posts

Back