Cliokchi Hans Hermans

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinh

Reaction score
Hans Hermans just passed away in Thailand. He was better known on this board as cliokchi.

He was responsible for the introduction of many species in cultivations. Some of those were:

Paphiopedilum bougainvilleanum var. Saskianum - Saskia, his former Japanese dutch girlfriend.
Paphiopedilum hangianum - after Mrs. Hang, an entertainer girl from Saigon that he liked.
Paphiopedilum tranlienianum - after Mrs. Tran Ngoc Lien, a small girl and translator that became rich thanks to his generosity.

Last edited:
Sad to hear this
I did not know him but did see his name frequently
He will be missed

A sad day for Slippertalk. His contributions will surely be missed.

I hope he takes care of all the paphs that leave all our collections prematurely. ;)

Our best to his family.

:(Very sad news-he will be greatly missed. Please offer our deepest sympathy to the family. Thank you for letting us know.

I'll miss him...I always enjoyed his posts. Condolences to his family.

Hans was a personal friend of mine. His perspective and knowledge of orchids was exceptional and will be greatly missed.

Is there anyone responsible who can continue, or properly dispose of his nursery?

This is terrible news.....and so sudden! I always enjoyed his posts and respected and valued his depth of knowledge that he shared so willingly. He will be missed.

Hans Hermans just passed away in Thailand. He was better known on this board as cliokchi.

Thank you Tinh for letting us know of his passing. Sometimes people we enjoy reading drop off of this forum without us ever knowing what happened.

Cliokchi's posts were always interesting to read and he will indeed be missed. :(

I Cant believe he passed away!!!!
!!!!I was talking with him in his house just one week ago!!!!I will open a new thread later....Really sorry about it!

I haven't known him long, but he was such a nice person who always seemed to be in a great mood and was happy to help with anything.
He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family.

So sad to read this!
I enjoyed his contributions to ST and appreciated his knowledge about orchids and Paphs in particulare. We will miss him.

Last edited:
sooo sad to hear, can't say anything else that others have already said....
may he rest in peace and let's celebrate the time he shared with us.

Latest posts

Back