Cleisocentrum gokusingii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming that's in the vandaceous alliance? What about fragrance? How do you grow it? Does this count as another question?

I honestly don't know if they it's related to vandaceous,had to look it up too see and didn't find any reference to it.

No fragrance that I can detect,I have both gokusingii and merrillianum,flowers are slightly different,merrillianum flowers are little larger and more iridescent.

This one came from Andy's Orchids and it is mounted,grown bright and moist preferably little cooler. Merrillianums are in sphag.moss in net baskets since they didn't do well on mount and or pots in bark,now thriving in moss.

I honestly don't know if they it's related to vandaceous,had to look it up too see and didn't find any reference to it.

SUBFAMILY Epidendroideae, TRIBE Vandeae, SUBTRIBE Aeridinae

Cleisocentron gokusingii (not Cleisocentrum) It's an easy mistake to make. I screw these names up all the time. :rollhappy:

:)

SUBFAMILY Epidendroideae, TRIBE Vandeae, SUBTRIBE Aeridinae

Cleisocentron gokusingii (not Cleisocentrum) It's an easy mistake to make. I screw these names up all the time. :rollhappy:

:)

No wonder I couldn't find the proper genus! This goes under my never ending Duh! moment and the tag is right on my picture......:eek:

From Borneo

36409353544_7c59913898_c.jpg

the right plant 5 months later:
36409158324_3b9d90e80e_c.jpg

Back