Chou-Yi Wench 2016

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
(wenshanense x hangianum)
Here's the second blooming for this plant. I grow it in my basement under LED lights year round. Potted in a simple mix of CHC and coarse perlite. I mostly use this mix because under my conditions, the media doesn't dry as fast as I would like. During the growing period I water every four days and in winter I let it completely dry before watering again. Sometimes the plant can go without water for almost 10 days (in winter). Summer highs around 80F (26C) and winter lows aournd 50F (10C). But that low is only in February.
That's about it. Regular low feed at every watering in spring and summer. And once in a while in fall and not at all in winter. It would probably grow better with warmer temp year round as this plant took a little over three years before reblooming.
:)

P.CYW.Plant.Sept2016.jpeg

P.CYW.Plant.zoom.Sept2016.jpeg

very short stem

P.CYW.profil.sept2016.jpeg

Gorgeous flower, pathetic name!
I wonder if their is a way to petition name changes with the AOS?

lol. So true. Only changing Wench for Wensh (nod to one of it's parent) would make all the difference.
Not the AOS but the RHS.

I like it!
I have similar crosses. Haven't bloomed any as they are not mature but I'm excited about the possibilities. :)

Ew~ really?

Well, there is still possibility that hangianum gene might kick in stronger or no fragrance at all. haha

Time will tell!
Is that a 3.5 inch pot?
I think one of mine is about ready to flower.
Others might be still young or ready to flower soon.
I think wenshanense x hang stays small, right?

Two of the three plants of the same cross, are already making two new shoots. All are of the same size, so I'm guessing they are mature size. Really small! lol

Ew~ really?

Well, there is still possibility that hangianum gene might kick in stronger or no fragrance at all. haha

Time will tell!
Is that a 3.5 inch pot?
I think one of mine is about ready to flower.
Others might be still young or ready to flower soon.
I think wenshanense x hang stays small, right?

Two of the three plants of the same cross, are already making two new shoots. All are of the same size, so I'm guessing they are mature size. Really small! lol

Well, it might be my nose, but I find that it has a faint vanilla fragrance.. with a hint of moss...lol

It's a 4" square pot (well, 4" for the top and 3.5" at the bottom)
the blooming plant as a 9" LS
But it first bloomed on a plant with a 5" LS. So yours might be blooming size.

P.CYW.ruler.2016.jpeg

Well, it might be my nose, but I find that it has a faint vanilla fragrance.. with a hint of moss...lol

It's a 4" square pot (well, 4" for the top and 3.5" at the bottom)
the blooming plant as a 9" LS
But it first bloomed on a plant with a 5" LS. So yours might be blooming size.

P.CYW.ruler.2016.jpeg

Thanks for the info and the photos. :)
Your description of the fragrance sounds delicious!
Must have inherited the hang fragrance gene.

My stinky brachy flowers smelled like rotten eggs. No kidding! lol

Back