China Dragon flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

(bess. flavum x Grande) 1st time blooming, finally....
1st growth produced 2 leaves & stopped! 2nd growth produced 4 leaves & stopped! 3rd growth taadaa! 3 times a charm as they say!
ChinaDragonflavum011.jpg
ChinaDragonflavum007.jpg

Very nice. There is more red in the flower than I would have expected, but I agree I like the 2-tone affect.

Robert

Thank You! Thank You! I'm really pleased with it, love the colors, which are richer in person. The photo has a greenish tinge to the yellow which is not accurate but it was probably as good as I was going to get it! The flower seems to be quite a bit bigger than my regular China Dragon, I'm hoping in the next couple of days that the dorsal might stand up, but I'm not holding my breath with Grande as a parent.

I got it thru .......

are you ready ? .........

Norman's!

This was before I heard about their reputation, I can't complain about the 2 or 3 plants I got from them! The plants were a decent size for the money, no bug problems & quick service. I guess I was lucky ....... for a change!:p

I got it thru .......

are you ready ? .........

Norman's!

This was before I heard about their reputation, I can't complain about the 2 or 3 plants I got from them! The plants were a decent size for the money, no bug problems & quick service. I guess I was lucky ....... for a change!:p

nice flower! one time I bought two phal species from norman's, one an equestris alba that looked really yellow... the pot was so wet it felt like it had a brick in it. the plant was dead within a week! I contacted them and expected something, heard nothing. a little while later someone told me that the owner had been sick and helpers had been taking care of everything. a few years ago I heard that norman's had some phal bellinas that were from the line breeding of michael ooi... so I decided to get a plant and a different one I think, and surprise surprise norman sent me two phal bellinas for the price of one! it's almost as if there had been a record that I had filed a complaint but nothing had been done, so they replaced the first dead one with a nice live one. so, I'm tending to think that sometimes if you are not always around and are relying on help that isn't so hot, then quality will end up going up and down. not good for the reputation overall but I was impressed that after that much time I did receive a replacement for the earlier 'oops' (without even my bringing it up at the later time)

Looks like you were indeed lucky, Rose. I'm glad this plant went to you when it did -- it got a good home.

I agree with the others, the two-tones are very lovely. Striking, even.

Back