Check out this new root, Kovachii x St. Ouen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

At least that's what I'm assuming this is. I just got back from 9 days out of town, and this thing is jutting out fo the base of the plant. Loot at the white base of the root, it's huge.

310651038_34424432e4_o.jpg

Yep, cinnamon. Didn't like a little discoloration that was going on. But yeah, the base of the root is really large, it's great for a seedling. Actually quite isane for any seedling I've had to date.

Don't say that! :) I'm hoping that it's currently confused by the remains of that leaf, we'll find out shortly.

johnndc said:
Don't say that! :) I'm hoping that it's currently confused by the remains of that leaf, we'll find out shortly.

Keep the surface of the moss moist and the root will find it's way off the leaf. No problemo. Do not try to remove the leaf, if anything you can add a little more moss to the surface. That basal root is an indication the plant is about to start pushing strong growth. You plant looks good!

Good point, I could see nipping off that root tip by trying to get rid of the leaf. And cool, about the growth, I've never seen a root like that on one of my seedling, other than a catt perhaps. Hell, that's a healthy root for one of my adults plants LOL

Nice root. [Something every man likes to hear.] I know this sounds crazy but I checked on my 2 kovachii hybrids today and it actually looks like they've grown an inch in the last week!?!? This is scary!:confused:

My one, the one with the roots, has definitely perked up over the last month - when I put the cinnamon on it, a week later I noticed the cinnamon-line had moved, meaning the leaf had grown. The other seedling has stayed put.

Latest posts

Back