Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Well...

Not really.

But that's ok.

I went to the hardware store and picked up a roll of duct tape and a bunch of thin plastic sheeting. I sealed off my stand against the window so now my plants get the warm/humid outside air while I can relax in the climate controlled rest of the dorm. Here are pics:

Ignore the browned tips on the Phrag. Uranus and the rot spot on the Paph. St. Swithin... They've been addressed!

Last edited:
M

Mycorrhizae

Looks like you came up with a solution that will keep your plants AND your roommate happy.

And good to know the phrag is on its way to recovery, althought I still might go to Hell for what I almost posted.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Mycorrhizae said:
Looks like you came up with a solution that will keep your plants AND your roommate happy.

And good to know the phrag is on its way to recovery, althought I still might go to Hell for what I almost posted.
Haha it's ok! Post away.

L

L I Jane

I don't see any fan in there for air movement! If not you may see more rot.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
L I Jane said:
I don't see any fan in there for air movement! If not you may see more rot.
It's in there but is out of the shot in picture one and blocked by the fixture in picture two.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Marco said:
And the collection grows!

mmmmm fig newtons!!!!
Haha I have about 4 of those boxes that I wedge under the stand in order to hold the plastic sheeting 'door' in place.

And as everyone can see, that Phrag Uranus still hates me. I love it so much though... Why won't it reciprocate?

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
kentuckiense said:
Haha I have about 4 of those boxes that I wedge under the stand in order to hold the plastic sheeting 'door' in place.

And as everyone can see, that Phrag Uranus still hates me. I love it so much though... Why won't it reciprocate?
You need to give it some TLC :pity:

Latest posts