Check out my new greenhouse!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Well...

Not really.

But that's ok.

I went to the hardware store and picked up a roll of duct tape and a bunch of thin plastic sheeting. I sealed off my stand against the window so now my plants get the warm/humid outside air while I can relax in the climate controlled rest of the dorm. Here are pics:

img1890medium9wi.jpg

img1892medium2me.jpg

Ignore the browned tips on the Phrag. Uranus and the rot spot on the Paph. St. Swithin... They've been addressed!

Last edited:
Looks like you came up with a solution that will keep your plants AND your roommate happy.

And good to know the phrag is on its way to recovery, althought I still might go to Hell for what I almost posted.

Mycorrhizae said:
Looks like you came up with a solution that will keep your plants AND your roommate happy.

And good to know the phrag is on its way to recovery, althought I still might go to Hell for what I almost posted.
Haha it's ok! Post away.

Marco said:
And the collection grows!

mmmmm fig newtons!!!!

Haha I have about 4 of those boxes that I wedge under the stand in order to hold the plastic sheeting 'door' in place.

And as everyone can see, that Phrag Uranus still hates me. I love it so much though... Why won't it reciprocate?

kentuckiense said:
Haha I have about 4 of those boxes that I wedge under the stand in order to hold the plastic sheeting 'door' in place.

And as everyone can see, that Phrag Uranus still hates me. I love it so much though... Why won't it reciprocate?

You need to give it some TLC :pity:

Back