Cattleya dormaniana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Cattleya dormaniana: blooming second year in a row. Easy to grow but a rare Cattleya species in cultivation. Maximum 2 flowers per spike. Love the star-shaped flowers with unusual colours. I just inherited a 3rd Cattleya dormaniana (a semialba) added to my collection.

1697418597594.png1697418568503.png

The colour composition of C. dormaniana is extravagant....you like it or not ... and I like it a lot. The flowers of your plant are lovely. 👌

The colour composition of C. dormaniana is extravagant....you like it or not ... and I like it a lot. The flowers of your plant are lovely. 👌
Thanks, I love it.Now I have 3....lol/// It is hard to find in Canada, I hope it is easier to find it in the US or Europe.
Another Cattleya I am looking for is Cattleya bicolor, which is very hard to find an established plant and ms or bigger in Canada too.

Definitely an underrated species. I would LOVE to see your semi alba one - I’m growing a dozen or so nice blooming size regular forms of dormaniana here in Ohio but didn’t even know there were other colors that exist!!!

Great species, indeed. I have few, but, really i hunt for a s/a plant.Leslie promised few seedlings few years ago..Even more, i saw a pic about an album plant

Back