Catasetum Dagny sibs 2015

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
Whew! What a year for this group! An award out of the bunch thanks to good timing and persistence. Done by clonal name. Here we go!

Moonchild- 3/28- 12 flowers- The one that allowed me to name the hybrid (thanks to Fred Clarke)

Bastian- 4/10- 11 flowers- Nice smoky color

Rockbiter- 4/12- 11 flowers- gives many divisions

Artax AM/AOS- 5/1- 16 flowers- My first AOS award!!!:D This pic is of the second spike, I didn't get a pic of the first one before sending it on it's treacherous journey, unfortunately

Fantastica- 5/4- 9 flowers- The best of the clones in my opinion. The runt of the bunch, hopefully this year it will catch up. Color on first pic is true

Falkor- 5/14- 19 flowers- The beast! First blooming for this plant. Over 4' (1.3m+/-) from leaf tip to last flower

Until next year...

I believe color inheritance is insanely variable with this group. I doubt it has been mapped or traced. Form seems to be a crap-shoot as well. Both follow general guidelines, but the parameters are wide. Interesting, because I don't believe you see this much variation among it's cousins (clowesia, cycnoches), with mormodes being an exception. Much color variation, but form is fairly consistent in my eyes.

Back