Can someone help me identify this paph?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lily

Hi all,

I need help identifying this paph that I just bought. It's very compact, the leaves are just 2 inches in length. Any ideas as to what species this may be?

Thanks!

Attachments

• unknown.JPG
    unknown.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 83
hm....quite possible....since the size of the plant is very similar to the micranthum...but the leaves are more waxy and rounder in shape....

Hi Lily,

Have you contacted the seller for the name? Or ask the person who sold it to you and see if they know it or remember where they bought it from? :confused:

I bought it at a nursery, but the seller lost the tag. I bought it anyways because I liked the look of it and it's very compact.

Here is my guess...it looks alot like my P. Jade Dragon with the elongated leaves and markings. P. Jade Dragon=malipoense X fairrieanum
Keep us posted when it blooms.

--Allen--

Lily...there are two good photo examples on ebay. The armeniacum X micranthum is posted by (orchidtn) and the Jade Dragon 3 plant compot is posted by (shtief). Both of those should give you a better idea which one yours closely resembles.

--Allen--

I bought a Jade Dragon compot from shtief....should get it tomorrow or thursday....I did not think the photo of the seedlings looked anything like the photo Lily posted

Todd

I actually have a Fumi's Delight, but it's has much longer leaves....I've also checked the Paph. Jade Dragon on ebay, thanks Allen, but it doesn't look like it either......

Given that there's so much variation in the leaves of micranthums, will it be likely that this just a micranthum plant?

Back