C. Mrs. Mahler (guttata x bicolor)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! That is just a fabulously gown and flowered plant. Just amazing!
Just how many flowers is that? 45? 50? "Get thee to a judging"!!!!! When you realize that in nature I have read where the Cattleya guttata/bicolor group can produce meter+ pseudobulbs, you have gone and done it. Simply awe inspiring. Great job!!! I am running out of superlatives!! :cool: 🥰🙃😁

Wow that’s quite something. How tall is it?
Approximately 40 in (100 cm).
Wow!! That is just a fabulously gown and flowered plant. Just amazing!
Just how many flowers is that? 45? 50? "Get thee to a judging"!!!!! When you realize that in nature I have read where the Cattleya guttata/bicolor group can produce meter+ pseudobulbs, you have gone and done it. Simply awe inspiring. Great job!!! I am running out of superlatives!! :cool: 🥰🙃😁
Thanks. I think I counted 62 flowers On 3 inf. The bicolor used was an alba (so says the tag). I’m considering having her judged. Will see how she looks in 8 or 9 days.

I checked on it earlier today just for my own curiosity. I believe there were 6 AOS awards to the grex, an AM, 3 HCC’s and 2 CCM’s. The most recent CCM was from 2017 I think. Other awards were several years ago. There are awarded greenish clones like yours and a couple to clones with more burgundy.
Yours is definitely culture award worthy. It should be seen. Upon comparing flower measurements, it might get a flower quality award as well.
The only minor point for me is that some people might claim of the flowers being crowded. I would counter that with that is just what guttata and bicolor do.
Good luck! Eventually this clone will be awarded.
Please understand that I can’t guarantee anything, just my opinion of course. However, that is magnificently grown!!

Latest posts

Back