• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buyer Beware!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only order from eBay vendors that have been vetted. I tpurchased from one vendor that wasn't and the plant came with scale and rotted roots all over the place. Needed tons of TLC

The plant is doing great now. But that vendor no-no. If you post here asking about vendor credibility, more often then not you will get some sort of response.

The seller is a real jerk. He's saying you are partially responsible for his ignorance. Plus, even though (he says), he made a mistake and shipped you a completely different plant from what he described, you are supposed to cover the cost of return shipping? ....and now he's mad at you! What a jerk!

Just to add insult to injury he called you a "hatefull nasty
man". Not my impression of you at all.

Ha! Thanks, I'm actually a heartless jerk ;-)

I suspect he didnt like being corrected especially when I provided scientific proof and actual photographs of what he was supposed to sell me. Some people obviously let their egos get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this proves once again the best place to source truly unusual plants is through hobbyists or proven nurseries. Even then you'll find that IDs are screwed up here and there, but at least you'll be in the ballpark!

Sorry to hear of your experience and I hope you get your money back.

This guy took my $ and sent me a plant that I dont even think is an orchid. Even providing him proof that its not what he says it is he wont refund me.

Photodoc2003 bad dude!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172568710295

Supposed to be Orchis simia

f2d91e8f061a50ebed438db583e5541a.jpg

Hope he did not charge you too much ? If this orchis simia is the same as orchis italica , you can get it from other source , check your email

Hien

I got the notification that you sent a message but nothing is there. Cleared out some old messages so hopefully it will show up

1) oh , i sent the message to your email (though slippertalk feature)

2) I see an ebay listing right now, although I haven't bought any plant from this person , but the rating seems good (944) 100% positive feed back .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORCHIS-ITAL...613420?hash=item3d36748eac:g:K3wAAOSwXYtY0zP1.

3) if you do not win this , there is still other source .

Latest posts

Back