• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buyer Beware!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And he has the gut to post the plant picture in his listing.
Either he has no idea what his selling or he thinks people are stupid.

It looks like plant in the iris family.

Whatever it is, it is not Orchis simia, which looks more like tulip so to speak.

Good to know.
Sorry for the headache.
Nothing good comes from Ebay in my experience.

Well, I'll be damned! I can't believe anyone would have
the nerve to send that as an orchid. You can report the
robbery (that's what I think it is) to ebay and perhaps to
the Better Business Bureau. It looks like a Japanese Iris
to me. I doubt any reporting will do much good about
getting your money back, but it might make you feel a
bit better. Give a REALLY bad review on ebay as well.

You can file a claim with Ebay stating the item was not as described. What he sent is obviously not the actual plant as shown. They will refund your $$.

Thanks everyone. Ya kinda sucks, hard to find some of the odd terrestrials.

Started the process with ebay. The guy swear up and down that its the right plant. Sent him a check list of everything that Orchis is and this thing is not.

Agh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he has the gut to post the plant picture in his listing.

Either he has no idea what his selling or he thinks people are stupid.

It looks like plant in the iris family.

Whatever it is, it is not Orchis simia, which looks more like tulip so to speak.

Thats me and my hand after I had a chance to really look at stuff after a long week.

Tell him that what he's done is commit Internet Fraud and if you are not refunded your money, you will file a complaint with his local police fraud department and they will take over dealing with him for you. I bet he won't want that hornet's nest to be opened and you'll then get your refund.

Yep, that is ebay.

I think you got a 'walking iris' Neomarica sp. A pretty plant, but not an orchis.

But - why didn't you compare the photographs on ebay with actual photographs of the real O. simia? You'd have seen that this plant is big and healthy but not an orchis nor an orchid?

I also think it looks like a walking iris. I've seen that referred to as an "orchid iris" before, and I've seen them listed as orchids on Ebay plenty of times in the past. Unfortunately, no way to really report it, Ebay doesn't make it easy and doesn't take it seriously.

If you paid with a credit card or Paypal, and you and the seller can't come to an agreement, you can dispute the charge and potentially get your money back.

It almost looks like a gladiolus except the leaves are a bit pleated. It does have in common with orchids that it is definitely some kind of monocot (Lily, Iris, and Grass)

After explaining in detail how this plant is not what he says it is and giving photographic evidence I get this in return:

"Hello,
I am sorry! I am sure you have never made an honest mistake. I purchased these seeds on Ebay as Monkey man orchid seeds. I have never seen a mature plant. After further searching I found images of the plant leaves. My plants certainly does not look like those. I honestly don't know if this is or is not. But, I am very willing to refund your money. I feel you as the buyer should have done a little research yorself before your purchase. You saw a picture of this actual plant before you ever bought it. Secondly, by your own photos you uprooted this plant causing damage. Yet, you want a refund??? I will be glad to give you a refund. But, you need to return my plant in the same condition as you received it and pay the return postage. I am sorry for my mistake and that you are such a hatefull nasty person. Please, never purchase another item from me!
George"

Seriously!? Dude you messed up and got called out on it! Man up!

the first time I ever bought pot i was taken pretty good...crushed up maple leaves and some mulberry flowers/fruit...what can I say..we all learn

DAMN!! How bad was the headache when you smoked it!? Haha

fortunately, my wife (I married young) was a connossieur and she looked at me and laughed, so we never smoked it...I was trying to impress her...this was Va in the eighties..not much literature around

I did , however, score some pot the next day at work when I told the same story..someone gave me some for free

It's simply "not as described". I sell a lot on ebay. The rules are if the item is not as described then the seller must pay the return shipping and take it back even if in their description they state no returns. If it is not as described they have no option. With what he emailed you admitting that it is not what he advertised if you send that to ebay they will email you a prepaid postage you can print out and send it back to him and they will charge him for the postage but only to the amount he paid to ship it. If you use an oversized bot etc they you have to pay the difference.

I would just turn over all the info to Ebay and let them sort it out.

It's simply "not as described". I sell a lot on ebay. The rules are if the item is not as described then the seller must pay the return shipping and take it back even if in their description they state no returns. If it is not as described they have no option. With what he emailed you admitting that it is not what he advertised if you send that to ebay they will email you a prepaid postage you can print out and send it back to him and they will charge him for the postage but only to the amount he paid to ship it. If you use an oversized bot etc they you have to pay the difference.

I would just turn over all the info to Ebay and let them sort it out.

Yep! Thats what I am going to do. In the meantime I need to keep this thing alive in my GH when all I want to do is juice it and send it back to him in a bottle (joke btw).

Dude really pissed me off.

Latest posts

Back