Bulbophyllum "Smells"...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
odoratissimum is the nice one. ;)

claptonense is now in lobbii, now the different "sorts" of lobbii don't smell the same, but it's all good though not very strong.

Right now I have about 79 bulbos species and hybrids wit something to smell, and there's quite a bunch of nice ones. More than people think (or stink ;) There must be more fragrant, i'll take inputs! :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Carkin, I don't have 79 Bulbos, I compile a list of scented orchids… and I have already 79 Bulbos on it.

In a few months you'll have a list of about 3600 orchids to chew on. ;)
(to start with) :evil:

Wow 79 bulbo's!!! Impressive. How do you like to grow yours? Do you have a favourite?

I think I have more than 25 species (not as impressive as 79:eek:)

But might give you some ideas. My favorites are in the section Hyalosema

They all like high humidity and sensitive to high fertilizer. Until I realized they were sensitive to high fertilizer I thought they just liked to be mounted or in open baskets. So virtually all are on mounts or in baskets rather than pots. If you go to pots then probably can skip all but extremely weak feeding. Except for the really big species like echinolabium.

Light requirements vary a lot. The thicker the leaf the more you can put in higher light locations.

They all like lots of water, but that could just be me since they are all in open systems that don't retain much moisture.

25 species is super impressive! (Especially considering that someone having 79 was just a figment of my imagination ;))
Thank you for sharing your fav's and cultural tips. I will have to check out that section of bulbo's. Do you use plastic baskets or wooden?

25 species is super impressive! (Especially considering that someone having 79 was just a figment of my imagination ;))
Thank you for sharing your fav's and cultural tips. I will have to check out that section of bulbo's. Do you use plastic baskets or wooden?

Mostly wooden but I don't think it matters. In a few cases I stuck a potted plant into a basket intending to come back later and take the pot out. But the plants would go ove the top and surround the basket anyway.

Latest posts

Back