Bulbophyllum sicyobulbon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carkin

Reaction score
This is my first Bulbo to bloom. It's not really my taste (a freebie) but I kind of like it. It has a nice sweet fragrance too.
DSC_0044.JPG

I think that us realy cool. Live the whole 'foxtail' of blooms, and the fragrance is a bonus. First time I have ever seen this!
What have you got it potted in, looks like rolled up banana leaves? I can almost hear the rain drumming on the patio roof and smell the warm tropical rain wafting through the shutters while Michael Franks plays softly in the background. ....., I need to pour another martini and light a cigar!

Thank you Gary! I love that description...wish I could come have a drink with you! :)
It's actually potted in a plastic pot with mainly sphagnum moss. I have it in a hanging basket just to show the bloom off a bit more...and give a tropical feel to my living room. ;)

Eric, I've been trying to figure out what it reminds me of! I went and smelled it again just for you...I would say the closest thing I can think of is lemon meringue pie.

I love the bulbos in this group! I really have got into then lately. Very nice cluster of blooms, you are real lucky to have an alba one. I wish I could find one. I have to really search for this one.

I love the bulbos in this group! I really have got into then lately. Very nice cluster of blooms, you are real lucky to have an alba one. I wish I could find one. I have to really search for this one.

Thank you! This style of blooms has really grown on me. I'm now looking for a lilacinum. :)
You should check out Clouds!

Very pretty and fragrant to boot! Love bulbos....waiting for my medusæ to open up this week :)

Ooooooo....medusae is one my wishlist. Can't wait to see your photos!

Latest posts

Back