Bulbo wendlandianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
This is a real pretty species. Until recently it was tougher for me to grow than rothschildianum, but it is starting to turn into a nice consistent plant.

Wedlandianum2012.jpg

Very nice! This is a great species. To what do you attribute the plant's turnaround? I've got a couple divisions that I'd like to grow better.

Very nice! This is a great species. To what do you attribute the plant's turnaround? I've got a couple divisions that I'd like to grow better.

It's been in the same basket of dry moss for the last few years. The only change for this one was the K-lite fert strategy that I started about a year ago.

Thanks Rick! I figured it might have to do with K-Lite.

By 'dry moss' do you mean you grow the plant fairly dry, or that it's in reconstituted dry sphag as opposed to living moss? I need to keep mine much wetter, some of my bulbos get too little water b/c they're in tucked-away spots of my crowded windowsills. Luckily this species seems pretty darn tough in that regard. I'm also (finally!) starting to use K-Lite on my collection so hopefully I'll see some good results this summer.

Thanks Rick! I figured it might have to do with K-Lite.

By 'dry moss' do you mean you grow the plant fairly dry, or that it's in reconstituted dry sphag as opposed to living moss? I need to keep mine much wetter, some of my bulbos get too little water b/c they're in tucked-away spots of my crowded windowsills. Luckily this species seems pretty darn tough in that regard. I'm also (finally!) starting to use K-Lite on my collection so hopefully I'll see some good results this summer.

I meant dead moss (kept fairly damp though), as opposed to live.

Back