Bulbo longicaudatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I got a piece of this B. longicaudatum from either ChrisFL or Goods. It's a very cool flower but tiny.

Some say its a variety of blumei, so I took a side by side with a spent blumei flower for comparison.

The growth habit is also much smaller

I don't see how these could be the same species since the pollinators would need to be a totally different size too.

Bulbo diversity is amazing.

Nice Rick! Either way, the clonal name is "Olasana's Ndani", since Zach got his plant from me. It's one of my faves. Fast grower, compact, rare. People who think it's a variety of blumei or masdevalliaceum have point blank never seen it in person.

Nice Rick! Either way, the clonal name is "Olasana's Ndani", since Zach got his plant from me. It's one of my faves. Fast grower, compact, rare. People who think it's a variety of blumei or masdevalliaceum have point blank never seen it in person.

Thanks Chris. I think this little guy will be amazing with multiple flower spikes going at once. I think its also pretty neat how long the spikes are relative to the size of the plant.

Nice Rick! You must have gotten one of Chris's divisions because mine is just now growing at the speed where I'd consider dividing it. This is one of those plants I want to see as a large specimen with many spikes. Mine had two blooms earlier this year, and I see another forming now.

Chris, thanks for the clonal name info. What's the background behind that name if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Back