Bulbo lobbii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

So I have had this one for about three years I brought at Malvern and it was only a five pounds, it was in a tiny pot. Well three years on and I have two flowers for its first ever bloom. Hopefully it will keep going on well. I do love the rocking lip on the flower.

Well so far it's been open for 5 days and no smell from the flower yet. Previous ones I have grown in other collections where very stinky. But talking to a few people this species dose seem to be very variable on scent.

It is a beauty!!!!
(I have killed quite some of them :eek:)
Jean

I have my self killed a lot but now I grow a little warmer I've not had much trouble with them. I get a lot of leaf marks due to there winter grow in habit.

Thats a great flower. Did you change anything to get it to bloom? I've got a lobbii that seems to be happy with probably a dozen growths and still no blooms. What gives? I've put it with my phrags to give it more light now...

Thats a great flower. Did you change anything to get it to bloom? I've got a lobbii that seems to be happy with probably a dozen growths and still no blooms. What gives? I've put it with my phrags to give it more light now...

Your question is something I'm asking myself really as this is its first ever bloom. The only different treat is it been kepted wetter as I repoted it in a bark per light and sphagnum mix. It has flowered of last year's growth, I do wonder if light has something to do with it as I'm sure it should, signs of buds after the reforb in the greenhouse that gives me a lot more light in there.

Latest posts

Back