Bulbo levanae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
The SECTION Lepidorhiza has many similar species and I find it difficult to tell them apart unless I have them blooming at the same time and have the descriptions in front of me. I believe this to be levanae. Most in this section are "fragrant" but not pleasantly...this one is not too bad though. I had to stick my nose in the flower and inhale deeply before I vomited.

This one hails from the Philippines. It is a warm grower.

P7110009.jpg

Yes, I developed a scale to help ID Bulbos. It is called the Reverse Peristalsis Scale. Mathematically it is: 1/2 the distance of the nose to the flower X # of seconds to retching divided by time to emesis - time to retching

Yes, I developed a scale to help ID Bulbos. It is called the Reverse Peristalsis Scale. Mathematically it is: 1/2 the distance of the nose to the flower X # of seconds to retching divided by time to emesis - time to retching

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: Shouldn't the proper term be Inverse rather than Reverse?

I guess it depends on inventing the system based on mathematician or psychiatry terminology. But the term Reverse also goes along with the word Revulsion, which is equally appropriate for this discussion.:poke::poke:

Back