bulbo. bandischii again

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
An updated photo on its current blooming. 3 flowers open and one should open any day. I don't know why more people don't have this one. It's an easy bloomer and so weird it's cute.

I won't apologize for the sub-standard photo. No time to fuss today.

img5654f.jpg

:clap::clap: Interesting - but that's a bulbo! I can't say that I've heard of this one, we'll have to spread the word!

I've never seen one for sale at a show. And they're very rare in cultivation. I really don't know why.

Could that be why more people don't have this one? :poke:

:p Duh, Eric... I'm just wondering aloud why this is the case.
:rollhappy: it's hard not to say that!
I wonder if they're there & have been mislabeled? Do other growers get them to flower regularly? I have a few species & a few hybrids, they're probably going to go the sales table at our next show. They grow quite well for me but very stingy on the flowers if any. One is Elizabeth Buckleberry, the person I got the plant from was disappointed because of lack of blooming, he had it in hydroton, I put it in bark, in a basket & bingo it bloomed! That was 3 years ago, this winter there was enough plant to make 2 generous divisions. The daughter, Lovely Elizabeth, same thing. I've moved them to higher light, tried more water, more fertilizer, makes no diff. If I'm not crazy about the flowers, those bloom like crazy for me! :p

This one isn't one to be mislabeled. The only one I've ever seen in flower was mine. I've never seen one at a show or at a society meeting. I only know of one other local grower that has one and a couple of people over the net. So, I don't know about it's ease of flowering for others. It's easy for me, that's all I know!

I've never seen one for sale at a show. And they're very rare in cultivation. I really don't know why.

There are a lot of really cool bulbos that nobody has taken the time to breed, and very few have made it out of PNG. It could also be pretty rare in PNG. So you end up with a handful of specialized collectors that occasionally trade pieces of them.

You should self it Candace and spread the word!!

Back