Bulb. echinolabium 'Kraken'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcroz

2yr HCC Awarded Stud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flower was about a day out from being done. This one seems to have decent form, as it is much flatter than many I have seen from this species. This is a cell phone pic, so please excuse the quality.

Attachments

• Bulb.-echinolabium.jpg
    Bulb.-echinolabium.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50
I am beginning to become quite fond of Bulbos. Even with the cell phone pic it looks like a nice one!

I am beginning to become quite fond of Bulbos.

Me too! I never thought I'd like them very much due in part to the very "alien" look many have. However, I find myself building a small collection of them now. I have:

Bulb. echinolabium (obviously)
Bulb. sulawesi
Bulb. masdevaliaceum
Bulb. smitinandii
Bulb. hirundinis
Bulb. Jersey
Bulb. corolliferum
Bulb. Elizibeth Ann 'Bubkleberry'

They've become my new craze. After Phrags of course.

I missed mine.. I had one with good shape and form, but it's also the one and only plant that my parents specifically ordered to be booted out from the house.. I guess they were not too fond of its 'fragrance' on a hot summer day in the living room.. :rollhappy:

What's interesting is that this particular plant seems to hold it's flowers onger than average (average at least for the echinos around here). It is on day six and will have folded by tomorrow. Seems that most echinos I've encountered only have flowers that last about 3 days. Maybe it's their owners...:D

What's interesting is that this particular plant seems to hold it's flowers onger than average (average at least for the echinos around here). It is on day six and will have folded by tomorrow. Seems that most echinos I've encountered only have flowers that last about 3 days. Maybe it's their owners...:D

Could be that or time of year. Generally its a bit cooler and shorter day length, which helps hold flowers a touch longer.

One of the things that drew me to want one of these is the size of the flower. Another thing is that it's a sequential bloomer.

Latest posts

Back