Broughtonia sanguinea var.flava

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendelin

Reaction score
Beautiful little newbie in my home!
5857189270_12b6400178.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:Now that's really cool - have we ever seen one of these?
Where did you get it?

There where a couple of firstbloomers beeing sold through ebay.co.uk. They originated from thailland.
In the end I was happy enough to trade it in from an orchidfriend in our German orchidforum. :wink:

Be flippin' honest: we've not seen stuff like that for a very long time. I'm very honestly wondering why that is, because Jamaica is not really "out of the known world"!!! There's people there doing nothing but... So.... How come???

Oh no - my toothpick and me were feeling kind of bored, so we had to do something......:D

despite Claude Hamiltons amazing collection and breeding efforts, Roy Tokunaga or H&R nurseries here in hawaii has some of the best (many are treated 4N's) broughtonias in the world. he's done 'star splash' crosses, reds, whites, yellows etc and they are unbelievable. he has massive specimen plants that are all CCE quality but he does not show them. people looking for this wonderful species should contact H&R and inquire about any sanguinea's for sale.

damn! Roy had his collection open for viewing to a small group today but i had to work...

Back