(Brassanthe Maikai x Cattleya aclandiae)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
I think this is what it is. Recent acquisition from a nursery. Unfortunately it has a weak spike. I thought that was due to the nursery overusing hormones, as many of their plants flower prematurely, and I think this one is too. Hope the spike improves with age.

Before staking
DSC_0094_zpsajk5laga.jpg

After
DSC_0115_zpse0tz7xam.jpg

The whole plant looks a bit spindly for the breeding, and small growths to be blooming. You might be right about the hormones. That flower is definitely worth growing it out a couple years to see the real potential though.

The whole plant looks a bit spindly for the breeding, and small growths to be blooming. You might be right about the hormones. That flower is definitely worth growing it out a couple years to see the real potential though.

Thanks. I hope so too. :)

If it grows anything like the Maikai parent, it should be amazing as a specimen plant. Looks like a winner to me.

Haha. That would be awesome. My friend also bought another plant of this cross, but from a different grower who doesn't use hormones, or not as much, and he said his plant also has a weak spiking habit. I hope my plant outgrows this..

Latest posts

Back