Brachy Parvi collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Having a look through the greenhouse this morning I had a bit of a count up on how many Brachy & Parvi plants I had. I was surprized at the number even though I had bought some new seedlings recently.
This is what I came up with.

bellatulum x 4
hangianum x 2
micranthum x hangianum = Liberty Taiwan x 3
leuco x hangianum = Wossner Favourite x 3
armeniacum x hangianum = Wossner China Moon x 10
conco-bellatulum x hangianum = Wossner Giant x 1
Sierra Lace x Wellesleyanum = Snow Walker x 2
Wellesleyanum x James Bacon x 1
bellatulum x Psyche = Helice x 1
niveum x hangianum = Chou-Yi Yuki x 1
Psyche x 2
Greyi x 6
Conco-bellatulum x delenatii = Yospur x 1
Ho Chi Minh x 2
armeniacum x Conco-bellatulum = Lake Shinsei x 1
Magic Lantern x 5
malipoense x 2
micranthum x 2
delenatii x niveum = Deception 2 x 1
Lynley Koopowitz x 3
delenatii x 1
emersonii x micranthum = Lola Bird x 3
Conco-bellatulum x 2
concolor x 2
niveum x 3
S. Gratrix x 2
Vanda M Pearman x 4

Brachy or Parvi crossed other,

Harold Koopowitz x 12
Golddollar x parishii x 2
Rolfei x 3
Golddollar x 4
bellatulum x stonei = Paris x 2

Eric, I personally don't like jackii. To me its just a poor malipoense. BTW, the Kew list of Monocotledons still list it as P.malipoense var Jackii.
The hangianum X's definitely grow better than hang' itself.

Eric, I personally don't like jackii. To me its just a poor malipoense. BTW, the Kew list of Monocotledons still list it as P.malipoense var Jackii.

Paph malipoense var jackii would grow on you if you gave a medium to good one a chance. I wasn't thrilled with it at first myself on blooming a 1 growth plant, but after reblooming the same plant a few times It got better as the plant matured to multiple growths. The fragrance is even different than malipoense.

I know what you mean Eric but some how, I / we need to get plants that will grow and master the growing of them. There must be a way but I haven't found it yet. At the moment its like me trying to grow Disa. I acquire a lot of empty pots rapidly.

well, I also end up with empty pots trying to grow disas but at least they empty a bit more slowly.... maybe because it is cooler in general here than where you are (I'm assuming)

Paph malipoense var jackii would grow on you if you gave a medium to good one a chance. I wasn't thrilled with it at first myself on blooming a 1 growth plant, but after reblooming the same plant a few times It got better as the plant matured to multiple growths. The fragrance is even different than malipoense.

Leo, I understand the growing on of a plant and maybe I should try one or 2 but the only jackii's available at the moment are 50 - 75mm L/S. If I can get a bigger clone I'll try it.

Latest posts

Back