Banrot concentration

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what concentration I should mix the fungicide banrot at? That is, how much powder per litre?

Cheers

Thanks Mike.

That is a lot of fungicide you are using. Are you using it on your whole collection as a preventative?

Maybe that is what I should have done. Yesterday, I found my lowii 'GrandMaster' x 'Red Delight' with rot. The plant is a write-off. It is totally rotted. It had been growing so well. It had a new growth and I was expecting it to flower this year. I'm pretty gutted. Growing Paphs can be so frustrating. Years of work down the drain.

I lost exactly the same plant last year. Bang. Dead. I now hang all the lowiis.
If you work out the concentration from the product info a teaspoon is about right.
Brad and I have had a few rot problems. I think its worse after a really hot spell. Running fans 27/7 at present. Have used the fungicides regularly but not for a few weeks.

Summer is definately the worst time for rots. I have another similar lowii (GM x New Horizon) that is growing very well. I have that one in a basket. I'll make sure I keep it an area with good air movement.

Brad said he uses 5g per litre for Banrot. There were no instructions on the package I received and there doesn't seem much on the internet.

Back