Back at it?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Heather - where did you get the pot from. thinking about getting one if it’s going to help get my neos excited.

View attachment 47501
Rodion Baiev! He is in the group. You can message him. He’s in Ukraine(!!) and has the most ingenious way of shipping them in cardboard egg carton pieces, like a puzzle. His wife does the painting on ones with designs. He’s on Etsy but prefers to work privately with people because of Etsy’s policies. Very reasonable, start around $30.

Heather - Any thoughts on the orders to Korea? Do the plants come in healthy? Duane M. Is driving I suspect it’s a good process. I’m more curious about the vendor.
Sorry just saw this.
I haven’t ordered yet but Okheon An is the vendor and he’s well known in the group. If you go to the last order thread there’s a link to the Barumpung website and you can see the exact plants (although the list will be different in October for the next order. I think new plants are released every Sunday.) Working on a wishlist!

Right after I mentioned the group to you, I saw Jason put those plants up and thought you might grab some! JMoney is here too….but I’m sure you also remember him from the early days here. Nice to see you both back!! Feels like the old days on the forum a bit…or maybe I’m just excited about plants again! 😂

@Heather I actually don’t have room. My grow area expanded a little. But that little is gone. I just had 3 neos come in from Satomi and have two from Jason coming tomorrow. I’ve also been drooling over a few from barumpung. I remember they didn’t have a very easy to maneuver English translated website. I’m glad they fixed that.

Do you still have that sexy mexi? I remember you were so thrilled when it bloomed for you for the first time.

Yes I do remember jmoney glad he’s back.

Is John still around? I hope he’s doing well.

@Heather I actually don’t have room. My grow area expanded a little. But that little is gone. I just had 3 neos come in from Satomi and have two from Jason coming tomorrow. I’ve also been drooling over a few from barumpung. I remember they didn’t have a very easy to maneuver English translated website. I’m glad they fixed that.

Do you still have that sexy mexi? I remember you were so thrilled when it bloomed for you for the first time.

Yes I do remember jmoney glad he’s back.

Is John still around? I hope he’s doing well.
Sort of… I have a new Mexi from Marilyn that I’ve had a year now, but part of the same original plant. 😂

I stopped growing for a while…stuff languished until it died. Managed to save a Tamakongo. Got a job as assistant manager of our local large nursery and got back into plants two years ago and started recollecting; just Phrags and Neos/Japanese stuff this time for the most part.

Haven’t heard from John in a long time…I think 2019 when I sold the forum was the last time.

@Heather congrats on new job. I started a new job 3/7. I’ve been at the company for 3 months and it feels like a year. Also sold our old home. We accepted a bid today. I live in NJ now. The state where you must turn right in order to make a left.

I opened these up last night. The far left isn’t what I expected. I’m surprised she shipped it. But no complaints I baby it for a few months and I think it will be ok.

IMG_7785.jpeg

@KyushuCalanthe very pretty. I’m seeing tons of these nice hybrids. While the new hybrids are great. There’s something to be said about the older variants. With all these fancy hybrids floating around, I think it will become harder and harder to find the older variants like this one.

@KyushuCalanthe very pretty. I’m seeing tons of these nice hybrids. While the new hybrids are great. There’s something to be said about the older variants. With all these fancy hybrids floating around, I think it will become harder and harder to find the older variants like this one.
Which hybrid did you mean? As far as I know, Houmeiden is said to be a naturally occurring sport from a plant found in Miyazaki Prefecture in 1993. Did you mean the "aochatsuki" hybrid in another thread? Supposedly the first division was sold at a silly price back in the day. The ones you see now are virtually all seedlings. I had a chance once to get a division of Shutennou that was supposedly an actual division off the original plant, but the grower told me that it was very slow to increase and recommended a seedling instead.

Hybrids that have orange, yellow, deep purple blooms may have green leaves. They’re beautiful. I’m staying away from the green leaf neos though. I prefer the variegated simply becuase I can enjoy them while they are not flowering.

Hadn’t been back to this thread in a bit…

Marco, congrats on your new job and house! That’s a lot in a short time…plus NJ…! 😂 My ex learned to drive a stick shift on your turnpike 30 years ago…fun trip!

Re: colorful neos…
My Houmeiden and my other yellow tora (purchased as Hanagoromo but I’ve been told it’s more likely Takakuna) will be likely my first divisions as they are getting big and some growths are out of order…Houmeiden is one of my favorites right now as it gets a lot of light and the tora is looking really nice (so maybe don’t buy one if you want a division…) ;)

I’ve been trying to focus one one of each type, and now a few colorful hybrids just for fun. Got a Yubae recently and a Shutendoji (short leaved Shuttenou, colorful but I don’t think a hybrid) and a Tokyo Peach. The little tinies are next up….just got a Daiso Nishiki that’s adorable and variegated, and may be the only Shima I can afford! 😂
I agree tho that the variegated ones are my favorites, but things like Juunihitoe and the pine needles have such interesting growth habits.

Growing inside for now this time around but still considering a shady space outside for a fall/winter cool down…I have a room I can also cool, but not as much. Tom, your outdoor plants have long been my inspiration as Sacramento winters are similar to yours.

@Heather I’ll hang tight for Tokyo peach!

I’m saving my space for the order from Korea. I’m already in the hole I don’t want to visit the website. I’ll just find something else.

Back