baby How COLD is it ?qwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't sound like NY, more like the midwest! We certainly had a long spoiling Jan. thaw. The single digits will be present for a couple of nights. We had a warm 16 overnight & now there's a light snow! Ahhh the fun of the midwest!

In Seattle, we have had the warmest January on record with the average daily high over 50 F. It seems that's a bit of an anomaly compared to most of the U.S., Canada and Europe.

the only thing it smells like outside now is frigid ice crystals and the ever-present mix of oil and wood smoke! went out today to mail orchid club newsletters (temporary reversion in position since regular editor is on vacation), get some more apples/cider and such (and avoid the temptation of buying fried cider donuts) and my car didn't want to start very quickly, and the heater fan/engine noise was pretty loud! even after leaving my car running for over a half-hour while at different places, it never got 'warm' even though the sun was mostly out

down to -4˚F (-20˚C) right now, supposedly it's going to warm up the next few days

Last edited:
It's -17C with a widchill of -28C here. Supposed to get to a low of -33C on Monday night.

It's -9C (+16 F) and snowing lightly here. Supposed to be the same tomorrow.

about the same here last night!!!! We have unsual quantities of snow this winter!!!! This morning +5 C, clowdy with some sun! Snow gets cleared away from the roof of my gh (fortunately:)) Jean

It was -22c here yesterday morning. This morning though it is a relatively balmy -10c. Good thing we don't have much snow this winter...that makes the temps a bit more bearable.

There is ice on the inside of our triple wall greenhouse! We had a few days of above freezing when the snow melted down a few inches. Then the 0 F cold came and turned everything into a giant ice slick. The six inches of new snow is good. It covers the ice, giving us enough traction to get up the driveway...I want to go where its warm! Meanwhile we cross country ski!

Dang

I was on a job in Fairmont MN all of last week. Drove in through white-out conditions, and got on site minutes before closing the highways. High temps in single digit + and lows in single digit -. Then got stuck in MN an extra day due to snow/ice in TN.

Flew back yesterday to snow/ice and last nights low in single digits:mad:

It's nice and sunny today, and I think we'll be back to the 40's by mid week.:)

My daughter is visiting her brother in LA. She doesn't want to come home because its so comfortable there and so hot here. But...the storms did lower the temps a bit...after the 60mph gusts knocked over a ton of plants...spent the afternoon repotting.

Latest posts

Back