Award of Quality ~ Paph. lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous grouping! Theresa you took the plants in for judging, correct? You received 4 quality awards. Since Sam made the cross he gets the AQ award? Does he also have to pay for that award?

In this case, both the grower and hybridizer will get the AQ. Not sure about the payment.......good question.

Absolutely stunning! Congrats on well deserved awards! This is exciting for me as I have that particular cross....I hope it turns out as nice.

I did not realize that both a grower and hybridizer could receive an AQ. That's pretty nice.

I was there for judging that day and the lowii were very nice. I think maybe 5 were pulled for judging, but can't quite remember. There were over 30 something plants presented at judging. It's really nice when there are so many plants to look at in such a venue.

** NOT TO HIJACK THE THREAD, But did anyone else see rdlsreno (Ramon) in their copy of the 19WOC Book? I noticed him the day I got it. **

Last edited:
I did not realize that both a grower and hybridizer could receive an AQ. That's pretty nice.

I was there for judging that day and the lowii were very nice. I think maybe 5 were pulled for judging, but can't quite remember. There were over 30 something plants presented at judging. It's really nice when there are so many plants to look at in such a venue.

I saw the plants at Theresa's nursery the following week and they were quite a sight sitting there all grouped together waiting for their varietal names to be assigned. They are very robust plants for their age, and grown to perfection just the way she grows absolutely everything else in her nursery. I predict we will be seeing more quality awards from this cross and think the potential for future upgrades of the quality awards already earned is high.

** NOT TO HIJACK THE THREAD, But did anyone else see rdlsreno (Ramon) in their copy of the 19WOC Book? I noticed him the day I got it. **

Ramon was like Klondike Kat's nemesis, Savoir-Faires, at the 19th WOC - He was EVERYWHERE! (Probably only we old farts get this reference - you hadda be a fan of the original Underdog cartoon series!) To not have a photo of him in the official proceedings book would have been a gross omission!

By the way - when did you get your book? I haven't heard a peep since the day I plopped my money down over a year ago.

I just got it earlier this week. It's very nice.....and big. It has it's own very thick cardboard jacket to house the book. I took it to my orchid society meeting on Tuesday and several people perused it way more than I have. I just sort of thumbed through it when I got it and looked at all the pretty pictures.

By the way, you are right about Ramon. I saw him everyday at the WOC I think, and usually with new plants in his hands!

You are also right about the way Theresa grows plants. Sadly I have never been to her greenhouse. I also can hardly believe that since I love Paphs so much and she is right here in Oregon. That will soon change I'm sure.

Craig

Latest posts

Back