At it again, this is very frustrating!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to have a decent supply plus has other native USA orchids. Thanx.

I don't speak against any vendors openly unless they are up to something downright bad, but then again, I would say be careful. PM me and I'll likely say more.

Eric, BTW, regardless of what continent a nursery resides, if they are selling mature Chinese species then those plants are very likely wild sourced or only a generation away from wild collection. You are right that nowadays the NA species are grown from seed or division with the exception of C. acaule which is commonly collected and sold still. That's not to say wild plants aren't being dug up anymore by enthusiasts, so be wary of giving precise directions to plants you know about.

Is it ok if we bought Cyps that have been from wild collected plant later divisions! I mean if the plants purchased are from wild collected plants that have been divided over, grown, divided again, grown...etc and sold! (But this could not be easily understood though... :( ) Just a thought!

That is concolor v. longipetalum...coming from Thailand, it could be a propagated plant....and could be legal too...but I for one am too wary of odering paphs from overseas....Ebay is a very public place to buy something of questionable legality......Take care, Eric

no I was not thinking about buying it.....was just curious as to what it was exactly....when I did a search for Paph Longipetalum it came up with several hits on concolor v longipetalum so I was curious if indeed thats what it was....being a newbie seeing Paph Longipetalum made me wonder if it was a species that was not legal in the US

Todd

I spotted this auction on eBay. What do you think the odds are that these plants are collected from the wild?

Interesting that there is no mention about the phyto certificate or CITES at all. Not surprising really since they will be shipped in a shoe box with no identification other than "souvenirs" written on the customs label. Probability of wild collection somewhere between 99 and 100%, I'd say.

Not surprising really since they will be shipped in a shoe box with no identification other than "souvenirs" written on the customs label.

Did you see that you can get them with "local pickup"??? From the us to china!!! LOL!!!!

Kyushu: Many ebay sellers do not offer Phyto and Cites papers whether the plants are wild collected or propagated!!!! additionally many may offer such papers even if the plants are indeed wild collected.... :(

Latest posts

Back