"As the Greenhouse Turns"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The workers came this week and began to install the back up propane heater and connect the back up generator, but couldn't finish because of missing parts.
Backupheater.jpg

They also did not have the two air circulation fans with them. I was told they would finish on Friday, but no one showed. I suppose they decided to take a long holiday weekend. In the meantime, temperatures were scheduled to drop to 38F (about 3C) last night. So yesterday, I took all the plants (except for cymbidiums and the Den. nobile) growing out doors and put them in the greenhouse.

Firstplantsin.jpg

You got a Hot Dawg! I really like mine!
The Modine plant is in the town next door, funny how I had to go thru an outfit in central WI.! :arrr:

I hope the workers get their butts in gear and get this finished for you soon. It's really starting to look like a greenhouse! :clap:

Looking good- that looks like one serious heater! Hope the workers get back to work soon!!

Interesting Ross how your heater is mounted on the horizonal rather then like mine (vertical). Does it have an exhaust fan to help pull out the fumes to the chimmy?

I was told they would finish on Friday, but no one showed. I suppose they decided to take a long holiday weekend.
So you were left with a Friday cliffhanger, as in true soap opera fashion! As the Greenhouse Turns, indeed! ;)

Just a quick note: the propane conversion parts were installed in the Modine. After getting my general contractor involved (right after he gave me bids on two other projects for the house), the electricians arrived on Tuesday and wired the Modine, just in time for 40F(5C) temps. Wednesday and yesterday they were back installing the main in floor heating boiler, which is also now working. The generator is wired into the system and working.

:eek: nothing like taking it to wire, I've got a couple of relatives up there fishing & they've reported expected lows in the 30's!

:eek: nothing like taking it to wire, I've got a couple of relatives up there fishing & they've reported expected lows in the 30's!

No worry, I wasn't going to start bringing out plants until they were done. The "scout" plants in there were mostly plants that had "wintered" outside during this summer, routinely braving lows in the 40's. The greenhouse low has also been running around 15 degrees warmer than the outside low.

Ross, how did you finish the interior of your knee wall? Painted wood?

It's pressure treated plywood, the same as used for basement foundations. The paint is an off white, heavy duty latex exterior stain. The color was chosen to reflect light and prevent absorption of heat in the summer. Latex stain could only be used if the wood was sufficiently dry.

lolz - all the non-orchids....sorry dude I feel your pain.

Back