"As the Greenhouse Turns"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As this episode opens, fair Julie has run off with Sven and Teresa to visit Olga in Nebraska, leaving Ross and sons to fend for themselves. Taking advantage of the situation, Ross moves Julie's beloved R/O system from the basement to the greenhouse.

ROSystem.jpg

Meanwhile, Ed, the debonair plumber has his way with the R/O system, connecting it to a tank and a series of barrels,
Watertanks.jpg

which then are connected to a water pump.
Waterpump.jpg

Will Julie be reunited with her beloved R/O System? Will Aric the electrician ever return from chasing contracts in Texas to finish the greenhouse's heating system? Will Mr. Little by Little and his two children from a previous marriage to Mary Zdilla find happiness in their new home or will they be left out in the cold?
PaphMaryZdillaxLbyLsibwithLbyL.jpg

Join us next time for another exciting episode of "As the Greenhouse Turns"!

:ninja: uuhh! Can't wait for the next episode of "As the Greenhouse Turns"! :cool:

LOL very nice way to tell the story... looking forward to reading the next episode :D

I think I'll be watching this series form now on!!! hehe :D Nice photo the last one!

(Just a stupid question: what do you do with the bad water getting out of RO system? Can we water outdoor plants with it or it is too saline?? Is there any other system to make ro water or similar without spending much water?)

I think I'll be watching this series form now on!!! hehe :D Nice photo the last one!

(Just a stupid question: what do you do with the bad water getting out of RO system? Can we water outdoor plants with it or it is too saline?? Is there any other system to make ro water or similar without spending much water?)

The waste water simply runs into the ground and eventually goes back into the water table I would assume. The water should be usable for other things, but I'm not sure what. I'll get my cheap TDS meter and give you a reading on it.

I'm going to disagree with everyone on this one. I don't want to read the rest of the series. I want a conclusion, so we can shut the book and move on to what Ross and Julie do best.....grow orchids!!!
:rollhappy::rollhappy:

It would be fustrating not to have plants in it at this point in time BUT if you've had a hot summer up there then maybe it's a good thing. You're plants will have an adjustment to the light, didn't need heat too! I've got a couple of phrags showing signs of heat stress, we've got a couple more days, then to the 70's!!!

Bravo!!! :clap: Encore! Encore!
And so are the days of our 'chids, be they bold or be they beautiful, for they have only one life to live, though they may search for tomorrow in another world. All my children, including the young hobbyists and the restless growers, some of whom work at general hospital, shall continue to tune in, stuck like grains of sand to a pane of sticky glass, watching the greenhouse turn through the days of our lives until the edge of night when we'll all need guiding lights to make our way back through the dark shadows to our homes next to our neighbours on Peyton Place, Knots Landing, and Coronation Street. :p

It's too early for me to be that clever,
oh heck any time I don't think I'd come up with that, don't tell us how long it took you! :p

LOL!! Excellent story line and pics! The last one really cracked me up! BTW- The trio of blooms are gorgeous!!
This forum really has it all-now we have soaps!

The waste water can be routed into an evap. cooler or used for lawn and other landscape planting. Just not anything that produces food. I researched this to try and recover some of mine.

Latest posts

Back