Armeniacum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
My very first blooming of this species!! :)
The developing bud was disappointingly small and malformed, but the final result isn't too bad after all. Phew~
It is still very small at 6cm width. I looked up and the record shows 6-10cm range.
I like it regardless. :)

I had my first armeniaum in bud back in the summer, but the heat and lousy watering killed off the bud.
Then, a second plant started a sheath at the same time as this current one.
It never rose above 2 inch tall and eventually turned brown and dried up.

This one made it! :)

auQhLpul.jpg

Nice, did you cool it down or is the season helpful in keeping it cool?

The latter. I leave the windows cracked open and armeniacum along with other plants that require cold winter sit along the glass.

I do use AC during the summer time, so it never really gets very hot in the apartment during the summer either.

My very first blooming of this species!! :)
......It is still very small at 6cm width. I looked up and the record shows 6-10cm range.
I like it regardless. :) ................

I would pleased completely with this flower too, because it's a beauty and furthermore it seems to be a first flowering plant. If the plant gets stronger, maybe the flower will become bigger.....maybe. Congrats.

Congrats on succeeding in the flowering! I find the blooming of parvisepalum, especially armeniacum and micranthum, quite a challenge!

I have at the moment a micranthum and a malipoense in bud - so cross my fingers and every other body part, that might be crossed. The one and only time I had a malip. in bud before, the inflorecence grew and grew and grew....and then, when it had reached about 60-65 cm, suddenly the bud blasted.....geee, was that a disappointment.

Therefore: hip, hip, hooray for your flower! :) :)

Kind regards,
Jens

I would pleased completely with this flower too, because it's a beauty and furthermore it seems to be a first flowering plant. If the plant gets stronger, maybe the flower will become bigger.....maybe. Congrats.

True.
Time will tell. I am excited to see this species flowering for me, but I think I might just give it up along with the rest I have.
The growing habit of this species really doesn't suit me.
Plus, I have lots of armeniacum hybrids that I like better or that I am yet to see in bloom, so they win the priority of space.

Congrats on succeeding in the flowering! I find the blooming of parvisepalum, especially armeniacum and micranthum, quite a challenge!

I have at the moment a micranthum and a malipoense in bud - so cross my fingers and every other body part, that might be crossed. The one and only time I had a malip. in bud before, the inflorecence grew and grew and grew....and then, when it had reached about 60-65 cm, suddenly the bud blasted.....geee, was that a disappointment.

Kind regards,
Jens

And their hybrid, Fumi's Delight. I have a few that spiked and grew a bud but only to blast after sitting low for many months!! Quite frustrating!!

I have a malipoense hybrid (Mem. Larry Heuer) in bloom. I just can't take a decent photo to share here. and I also have a malipoense in tall (40cm at the moment) spike. :)
It's a first timer, but I'm looking forward to how it would look like in bloom.
I have a malipoense whose bud blasted two years in a row, just as the bud was opening up. I was able to spread it open and see how the flower was.
It is among the best one I've seen! Only if that one would put its act together one day! This year, its new growth hasn't matured yet, so I don't think there's a chance for any bloom on that one.

I wish you all the luck!! :)

True.
.......The growing habit of this species really doesn't suit me.
Plus, I have lots of armeniacum hybrids that I like better or that I am yet to see in bloom, so they win the priority of space.

I agree, the growing habits of P. armenianum and P. micranthum seem to be a bit strange. Maybe I didn't see enough armenianum hybrids....therefore so far I can't imagine a hybrid which could be able to hold a candle to the original.

Google Dollgoldi?
Yellow micranthum (Fumi's Delight, thought his hybrid seems to be just as pain in the butt as either parental species lol).

My favorite thus far is armeniacum x hanginum. Very large deep yellow flower and fragrant!! :)

Kind regards,
Jens

I am growing a tray of 10 malipo from flask in the hopes one of them will bloom someday!

Great armeni Happy! I have never bloomed one, just blasted them.

I am growing a tray of 10 malipo from flask in the hopes one of them will bloom someday!

Great armeni Happy! I have never bloomed one, just blasted them.
May I aske where you got malipoense flask? I rarely see them. Hillsview? Orchid Inn? How are the seedlings coming along?
I find malipoense quite slow to mature. Parvis in general seem quite the pain in the rear when it comes to speed and blooming department with the exception of delenatii.

Latest posts

Back