Another Spice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
After a long hiatus of slippers blooming, here's the first of this season...

Spice1.jpg

and an artsy shot
spice2.jpg

Enjoy
-Josh

Oh this is another very nice one!!! I like the 2nd shot, because of the reddish pronounced color, whereas the 1st is greenish dominant!!! Jean

Thanks everyone!
Jean - The first picture is true to color. It's one of the more green spices I have seen.

Josh do you know any history on your plant? It really looks like one of the original jungle collected plants and not one of these man-made-hybrid species. I really like this one, worth keeping in the collection

Josh do you know any history on your plant? It really looks like one of the original jungle collected plants and not one of these man-made-hybrid species. I really like this one, worth keeping in the collection
Isn't that the truth!

I know this plant is from seed. This is the second bloom and there is another in sheath. I got it from a friend that had a few of them and I don't know the cross. You are right though about it looking different. When I was younger, I bought a compot of 'Candor' x 'Candor Big Top' and they looked different, not so green as this one. I wish I still had pictures of them but they are long gone.

I love spicerianums and that is a nice one. Mine is also in bloom but I haven't had the time to take a picture.

Why, is he giving it to you!? :rollhappy:

Hey mate, are you joshing me? :D:D:D
It seems you read really every thread with all contributions.
Here is what I really meant 'I'm completely satisfied to see this greenish P. spicerianum flower on my screen.' :poke:

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Latest posts

Back