Another beastly plant from OrchidInn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Nice!
I had my very first HK bloom not too long ago and it was not bad but wasn't that good. The plant started three four new growth but I threw it away.
A member bought Sam's HK and bloomed it last year. It had a very nice large well shaped flowers with great green color!
I think he was selling a bunch of HK in spike a couple of months ago. Maybe I should have jumped on that offer.

tnyr5

Reaction score
I saw that one. I got the gigantic dorsal x Sam's choice rather than the bloomington x SC, partly because the roth parent was bigger and partly because that was the cross not offered in spike. My logic was that they'd be less shopped out. At any rate, my hopes for this one are quite high. It's upstairs with the Ophrys and the rest of my cool growers for the winter.

JustinR

Reaction score
Nice plant, good catch! How cool would you grow this one? Do they also need cooler Summers?

tnyr5

Reaction score
Only cool for the winter, 50-55°F (10-13°C) nights. The rest of the year, it'll be downstairs with the hot growers where it can get up into the high 90's. If that doesn't set its clock to bloom, next winter it'll spend its nights in the refigerator. :p

JustinR

Reaction score
Only cool for the winter, 50-55°F (10-13°C) nights. The rest of the year, it'll be downstairs with the hot growers where it can get up into the high 90's. If that doesn't set its clock to bloom, next winter it'll spend its nights in the refigerator. :p
Thanks for the tip :)

Latest posts