Angreacum Crestwood

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrmd

Reaction score
Grew this plant from a Tomorrow Star FCC/AOS x self compot I got many years ago. It finally stopped sulking and bloomed(poorly) again after a good repotting the plant 2yrs ago.

12192062403_3d3f9dee42_b.jpg

truly graceful.
(can you Photoshop out the wire?)

I thought about it, but that's as far as I got.It has 6 flowers on two spikes, but they go in completely opposite directions, since I didn't stake them as they grew.

Nice .....I like this one a bunch. Haven't been able to get mine to bloom yet.

It grows in Vanda light above my Paphs and watered when they get watered. The only thing I hate about Angreacums, is the sulk they can go into if disturbed too much when repotting. I have just been moving this from basket to basket. The mix was pretty broken down this last repotting, so I had to really dig around the roots to get the old stuff out and new in.

Hope you dont mind - Ive been fiddling in CS6

I dont mind. I can forward you my pics and you can shop them for me.Lol! I get bored after 2 secs with photoshop and the new UI for Aperture in a rear-end.

Thats better - I didnt cut the bottom off - its a REALLY lovely flower.

I took AQ+ of my mac and since I am no longer a AOS member I have no access to Orchids+. I wonder how it compares with the FCC parent? It is large,flat, and heavy substance. I just dont know how the size compares. When I see the clones of 'Tomorrow Star', some of them look like they have tiny flowers. Maybe on the next good blooming I will send it to judging.

Seventy-two exquisite, gleaming white flowers spaced well on 15 cascading, beautifully arranged, arched inflorescences borne on a superbly grown, clean, 82-cm wide by 75-cm tall specimen plant; flowers white; sepals and petals overlaid light green; lip throat light green with white stripe; substance very heavy; texture waxy, lip glossy.

Almost all my photos could use a good cleaning up, but even with all my time I get bored quickly shopping pics. I used to move much faster at it when I had a desktop, but don't foresee myself getting one again for awhile.

Thanks for the info. It has the size, but years before I get that many flowers,so I would end up with a bill for another HCC/AOS lol!

I have two of these that I find very easy to grow. Once potted don't disturb them or it could set them back a few years. Put them outside in summer they can take a fair amount of sun and also plenty of fert at this time. Take them inside when the weather deteriorates and significantely reduce feed and watering. If you do have to repot just remove the old pot and try not to disturb the roots when placing into a slightly larger pot.
Ed

Latest posts

Back