and some species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
urbanianum, was already in flower when I bought it recently:

20090428-120821-779.jpg

this bellatulum is also new. Imported from Thailand as a multigrowth plant with three buds and a rootball to beat.

20090428-120924-780.jpg

A sukhakulii from the same import. The dealer said he hadn't much expectations for the flowers from this import, since the Thai nursery was concentrating on robustness rather than select flower quality, but I can't say anything bad about this flower. Petals are 2,5 cm wide and 7 cm long on a single growth, first flowering seedling.

20090428-121124-729.jpg

finally, two villosums. On the right, a typical villosum from Thailand (the same import, plant was in bud when it arrived, propably the reason for the deformed dorsal and the short stem). On the left, a plant sold as var. Nha Trang. That's a trade name only, of course, and I'd rather call it var. annamense or even var. roseo-fuscum due to the purple center of the dorsal. Size, shape and colour are average at best, but it shows nicely the variability of the species.

20090428-122033-659.jpg

best wishes,

Great plants! Love that bellatulum, the suk turned out nice and I never noticed how cool the staminode on urbanianum is.

Back