always read all the fine print!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
today at the show I was looking to pick up a division of paph armeniacum from one of the vendors. while chatting, I saw large, flowering in bud plant resembling paph vietnamense. looked at top of tag, said 'paph vietnamense'.

I was just telling someone that I was thinking about looking for one; it was only $65, it was sold! I gave a check, left the plant behind the counter and kept looking around.
later, I came back, picked up the plant and talked about the nice form. I was told that yes it was nice, was one of first ho chi minh to come out of antec's flasking. (?) I took a closer look at the tag; pulled it out of the pot, read paph vietnamense x delenatii

oops, I had purchased a hybrid! after a minutes' hesitating and talking with another club member telling him what happened, I mentioned my mistake; I traded the very nice ho chi minh for the division of armeniacum and a smaller for-sure vietnamense seedling to be picked up at another show in a few weeks
*sigh*

Glad it worked out for you. The same does hold true for eBay auctions as well. So many listings have a species identified in the auction title, but only after reading the fine print does one discover that the plant being offered is a cross with something else.

Latest posts

Back