Aloha from Hawaii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrchidFix

Reaction score
Aloha everyone!

I've browsed the site for many years but never thought of joining until recently. I'm a small grower in Hawaii on the Big Island.

I look forward to more slippertalk now that I've joined!

Below are a few photos,
Enjoy!

Phrag.Giganteum 'Memoria Dorothy Veronica Walker' HCC/AOS
Phrag.Inca Embers 'Memoria Billy Keith Walker' HCC/AOS
Phrag.longifolium 'Serenity'

Many thanks to Glen Barfield of the Hilo judging center for the great award photos.

Giganteum.jpg

Inca Embers.jpg

longifolium .jpg

Aloha,

Thanks Ty! Sorry it's taken so long; can't always promise prompt replies but I will check in as often as I can.

Dot; yes- these were all exhibited at the Hilo monthly judging. I will only post photos of my awarded plants, as the other judges do a pretty go job of disseminating news of other awards from the center.

However- I will occasionally post photos of plants other than mine if something really spectacular at another local nursery pops up.

NYEric; thanks- I'm already a fan of yours!

One last thing for you folks this evening!

I saw this in sheath as I was watering the greenhouse today. Digging through photos of last year's complex blooming, I found this:

Paph.Green Gold 'Invierno Oro' HCC/AOS B/CSA

Paph.Green Gold.jpg

Aloha~ this would be a great time to be in Hawaii. it's been too dark and cold here. lol

I love that first phrag and the bulldog you have!

Welcome!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and generous compliments; I'm happy I joined!

Many pretty things in bud/spike in the greenhouse. Stay tuned for photos!

On Oahu, probably only Doug DeMoss. Also this guy Pete at Lyon Arboretum.

In Hawaii, Hilo Orchid Farm and Lehua Orchids.

I usually attend the Kaimuki Orchid Society and Honolulu Orchid Society meetings. In Nov. I'll be at the Windward Orchid Society meeting. They're having an auction and anyone is welcome to attend. There's usually a little bit of everything.

And Larry K. at the Windward Orchid Society often has Paphs for sale at the meeting.

Very cool! What date / time / loc (the school where they always have the windward show?)

I have reservations with 'Mr. DeMoss' - he has friction with a seller / grower buddy of mine, so my interactions with him are 'rather cool/chilly' and I like to keep him at arms length as much as possible. I have a couple of vanda species from him, but I think he charged more than he needed to.

Latest posts

Back